PALOS HEIGHTS, Ill. (AP) – The Illinois Lottery says a suburban Chicago barbecue restaurant sold the winning ticket for a $393 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot
The Illinois Lottery said Saturday that someone bought the ticket at Nick’s Barbecue in Palos Heights.
The $393 million jackpot from Friday’s drawing is the largest in Illinois history. It’s fifth largest in Mega Millions history. The estimated cash value is $256 million plus a $500,000 selling bonus for the retailer.
Lottery officials are urging the winner to “immediately sign the back of the ticket and keep it in a safe place” until the winner takes it to one of the state’s five prize centers. Winners have one year from the date of the drawing to claim their winnings.
The jackpot started April 28 and rolled over 30 times.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Cops: DUI suspect tried to hide evidence in underwear after fiery crash that killed child, 2 adults
- Up to 160 Applebee’s, IHOP restaurants to close
- Fake Polk Co. sheriff’s letter to employer riddled with bad grammar, misspellings
- Largo family questions safety of treasure hunt, seeks answers
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: July 31 to August 5
- 5-year-old St. Pete boy critical after being abused for months, police say