LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Walt Disney World honored the U.S. Army’s 82nd Airborne Division for its centennial year of service on Thursday.
The division was honored with a special flag retreat ceremony and musical performances in Magic Kingdom.
Guests at the park enjoyed special musical performances by the 82nd Airborne’s 16 member chorus and brass quintet band.
The airborne infantry division is in Orlando for its annual convention.
The 82nd Airborne Division specializes in parachute assault operations into denied areas.
Based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, they are the Army’s most strategically mobile division, recently conducting operations in Iraq and advised and assisted Iraqi Security Forces.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Shark dragging video being investigated by Manatee County State Attorney’s Office
- Uber driver saves man’s life after ride to Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- 5 dogs killed in Valrico house fire
- Plea deal today for Bradenton mom accused of killing daughter, putting body in freezer
- VIDEO: Clearwater expert explains why ‘Pinky’ the dolphin may be pink
- Man, 53, charged with kicking 6-year-old girl at Chuck e. Cheese’s
- Couple killed in crash 1 day after their wedding
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.