NEW YORK (AP) — New York City police say a 12-year-old girl poured boiling water on another girl during a sleepover, leaving her with severe burns.
Police say the girl has been charged with assault in the Monday attack that left an 11-year-old with second-degree burns to her face, shoulders, neck and chest.
According to police, Jamoneisha Merritt was at a friend’s home in the Bronx when the 12-year-old girl at the sleepover boiled water and then poured it on Merritt while she slept on a couch.
Merritt was taken to Harlem Hospital in serious but stable condition.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police make arrest in double homicide at Longboat Key resort
- Bradenton mom accused of killing daughter, putting body in freezer accepts plea deal
- Shark dragging video being investigated by Manatee County State Attorney’s Office
- Police: Abandoned infant survived 3 days in plastic bag
- VIDEO: Clearwater expert explains why ‘Pinky’ the dolphin may be pink
- PHOTOS: Tiny baby born at 12 ounces finally goes home after months in NICU