SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A van and a Chevy pickup truck collided Thursday in Sarasota County Thursday afternoon, injuring four people.
The crash occurred at McIntosh Road and Sarasota Square Boulevard.
Florida Highway Patrol said the driver of the pickup truck, Tabatha Nicole Peters, 36, was southbound on McIntosh Road when she traveled into the northbound lane in front of an Econoline van.
Sarasota County Government called the crash a “mass causality incident.”
The driver of the van, James Allen Lawton, 52, of Englewood, was in critical condition at Sarasota Memorial.
Tabatha Peters and Rex Wrey Peters, 39, were also in critical condition at Sarasota Memorial. Their daughter, Taylor Peters, 14, was in serious condition at All Children’s. They are from Venice.
FHP is investigating. No other details were released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Shark dragging video being investigated by Manatee County State Attorney’s Office
- Uber driver saves man’s life after ride to Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- 5 dogs killed in Valrico house fire
- Plea deal today for Bradenton mom accused of killing daughter, putting body in freezer
- VIDEO: Clearwater expert explains why ‘Pinky’ the dolphin may be pink
- Man, 53, charged with kicking 6-year-old girl at Chuck e. Cheese’s
- Couple killed in crash 1 day after their wedding
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.