TAMPA, Fla (WFLA) – Summer break is over for many Tampa Bay area students who head back to school this morning.
The new school year begins Thursday for students in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Manatee, Citrus, Hardee, Highlands and DeSoto counties.
This means drivers need to make sure they’re following the rules of the road when they’re driving in a school zone or near school buses. If you need a refresher, WFLA News Channel 8 transportation reporter Leslee Lacey explains what drivers need to know.
The school year begins on Monday, August 14 for students in Pasco, Sarasota and Manatee counties.
We’d love to see your back-to-school photos! Share them on the WFLA News Channel 8 Facebook page.
Be sure to watch WFLA News Channel 8 from 4:30 to 7 a.m. during the month of August. Every morning, we’ll bring you a special back-to-school story to help you and your family prepare for the school year.
- What parents can do to ease their child’s anxiety during middle school years
- How to tell if your kids are feeling anxious about the new school year
- The future of standardized testing for Tampa Bay area students
- Reaction mixed about uniform changes at Pete Davidsen Middle School
- Back to school: Here’s where to report cyber bullying
- Hillsborough parents asked to give input about proposed school bell schedule
- Plant High School teen on a mission to help raise awareness about suicide prevention
- See more Back-to-School stories in our special section on WFLA.com