LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A deadly crash closed Ulmerton Road late Monday night and Tuesday morning in Largo.
A motorcyclist was killed when he was hit by an SUV.
It happened at 11:36 p.m. on Monday at the intersection of Ulmerton Road and Coral Way, according to a Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson.
An SUV driven by Jessie Leonard, 28, of Largo, turned into the path of a motorcycle and the motorcycle hit the SUV head-on.
The motorcyclist, Rodney Hydorn, 19, of Palm Harbor, was ejected from his bike and landed a short distance from the crash scene. The motorcycle then burst into flames.
Hydorn died from injuries suffered in the crash. Leonard was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries. The identities of those involved have not been released.
Ulmerton Road was closed for a few hours due to the investigation.
Shawn Kitzmiller, who works nearby at Guaranteed Carburetors & Fuel Injection, recorded video of the crash scene.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pinellas teens’ deaths in stolen SUV captured on camera
- Tampa mom who lost son to deadly overdose urges parents to have Narcan at home
- Reward increased to $50,000 in Longboat Key hotel murder case
- Child found dead in van at Orlando day care
- Disney installs statue honoring toddler killed by alligator
- Alabama mom posts hysterical back-to-school photo