DETROIT (AP) – Starbucks Corp. is shooting down a rumor that its coffee shops will give discounted drinks and food to undocumented immigrants on August 11.
Starbucks senior vice president of global communications, John Kelly, tells The Associated Press in an email that the rumor is “completely false. One hundred percent fake.”
The company also took to Twitter to shoot down fake advertisements promoting the so-called “Dreamer Day.”
The bogus ads promise 40 percent off any menu item for undocumented immigrants on August 11.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Heavy rains bringing snakes to Florida neighborhoods
- Freebie August: Shredding, Starbucks and bagels for your dog
- VIDEO: 3 rescued from malfunctioned bungee ride at county fair
- Gator tries to get inside Lakewood Ranch home
- Travel company sends you on surprise vacation for the weekend
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.