HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Highway Patrol was on scene of a crash involving a dump truck Monday evening.
The accident occurred at Interstate 275 southbound between Fowler Avenue and Fletcher Avenue.
According to FHP, the dump truck is on fire. The driver got out of the truck is okay.
FHP said the truck was traveling southbound in the center lane.
The driver said a vehicle made an unsafe lane charge into the center lane, causing the driver to lose control of the truck and hydroplane on the wet road.
The truck traveled off the road and onto the shoulder, striking a concrete traffic barrier.
The driver was able to get the truck under control and continued traveling alongside the shoulder and struck a light pole.
After the impact, the truck became engulfed in flames and came to a final rest.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Grief counselors to help Polk Co. students cope with loss of classmate, 6, found in pond
- 3 ‘prolific offenders’ dead after crash involving stolen car in Pinellas County
- Purse snatcher stabs woman, Good Samaritans, outside Seminole Publix
- 7 homes now condemned near massive Pasco sinkhole
- At least 27 cats found dead in Lutz home
- First-time mom dies days after giving birth
- Missing 6-year-old Lakeland boy with special needs found dead in pond
- Back-to-School: How to tell if your kids are feeling anxious about the new school year
- Beginning this morning, you can watch WFLA news on Great38 from 7-9 am
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.