DUNNELLON, Fla. (AP) – A Florida man accused of leaving a 7-year-old girl at a crash scene is facing a child neglect charge.
34-year-old Joshua Adam Townsend was arrested Sunday in Dunnellon in central Florida.
A Marion County Sheriff’s report says a witness found the girl screaming and crying.
She told investigators that Townsend was taking her to McDonald’s he struck a pole.
She fell asleep in the truck while he checked the damage.
When she woke up, the truck was still running but the man was gone.
Deputies went to his home and asked why he left the child. He couldn’t give an answer.
The child wasn’t hurt. Her relationship to Townsend was not explained by deputies. Townsend was released on bond. Jail records don’t list an attorney.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 7 homes condemned near massive Pasco sinkhole
- Grief counselors to help Polk Co. students cope with loss of classmate, 6, found in pond
- 3 teens killed in Pinellas when stolen cars crash in high speed ‘cat and mouse’ game
- Purse snatcher stabs woman, Good Samaritans, outside Seminole Publix
- 6 homes now condemned near massive Pasco sinkhole
- At least 27 cats found dead in Lutz home
- First-time mom dies days after giving birth
- Missing 6-year-old Lakeland boy with special needs found dead in pond
- Back-to-School: How to tell if your kids are feeling anxious about the new school year
- Beginning this morning, you can watch WFLA news on Great38 from 7-9 am