HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — An animal neglect investigation is underway in Lutz after at least 27 cats were found dead inside a home, News Channel 8 has learned.
Animal Control officers responded to a home on the 4000 block of Lakeside Drive and found as many as 27 dead in the home. Approximately 50 other cats were taken to a shelter. Their conditions are unknown.
Witnesses tell News Channel 8 two teens live at the residence and were supposed to be taking care of the animals.
The sheriff’s office tells News Channel 8 they are not anticipating any arrests at this time.
This is an active and ongoing investigation.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- First-time mom dies days after giving birth
- Missing 6-year-old Lakeland boy with special needs found dead in pond
- Deputies identify alleged intruder shot and killed by homeowner in Lakeland
- 2 more Land O’ Lakes homes condemned after massive sinkhole
- Double homicide leaves quiet Longboat Key community in shock
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video