BOULDER, Co. (WFLA) -A chicken in Boulder, Colorado may have laid the smallest egg recorded in world history.
The egg is so small, it’s about the size of a child’s fingertip and no bigger than a dime.
Sarah Wise, the hen’s owner, says she measured it with a digital caliper and it was 1.7 centimeters long, just over 1/2 inch.
She thinks the egg may qualify for a world record.
“We went to the Internet and found that there is a world record for smallest egg and it happens to be 2.1 centimeters so we were like wow – we have this smaller egg,” Wise told local affiliate KUSA.
The current record was set in 2011 by a hen belonging to Rev. Donnie Russel of West Virginia.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida