DETROIT (WFLA) – Several people were badly injured after a pickup truck slammed into a bus stop in Detroit, according to local affiliate WDIV.
Surveillance video shows the moment and out-of-control truck hit the bus shelter, which was crowded with people taking cover from a storm.
The truck pinned down four people who had to be rescued by firefighters.
All six people inside the shelter survived, but suffered injuries. Their current conditions have not been disclosed.
The 55-year-old driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. Police say alcohol and speed were likely factors in the crash.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- WATCH: Police release video of man who killed Longboat Key hotel security guard, clerk
- Plane passenger spots man texting about sex abuse of kids
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Baby sitters accused of putting flea-infested kids in U-Haul
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know