TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — If you love lemonade and hot tea there is a way to blend your love of those beverages and help a good cause ‘Avery’s Cups of Kindness’.
Valrico’s 9-year-old Avery Ranieri is by her brother Evan’s side at Tampa General Hospital, like a mini health care advocate.
6-year-old Evan was born with kidney failure and as a transplant patient and visits a doctors a lot.
“Since Evan has experience it really makes me sad to see what children have to go through in the hospital,” said Avery Ranieri.
All on her own Avery pitched the idea to help other patients like her brother.
She is partnering with Te Bella on Davis Islands in Tampa to serve up Earl Grey Lavender Lemonade on August 5th and 6th.
50 percent of all proceeds will go to benefit TGH’s Children’s Medical Center.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida