HOUSTON (AP) – Steven Souza Jr. homered and drove in three runs, Corey Dickerson added three hits and made a dazzling defensive play to preserve the lead, and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Houston Astros 5-3 on Thursday night.
The Rays have won three in a row since dropping the series opener 14-7, and it’s the first time Houston has lost three in a row since June 11-13.
The Astros led by one entering the seventh when Francisco Liriano (6-6) took over for starter Collin McHugh to make his Houston debut after a trade from Toronto on Monday.
Liriano retired Adeiny Hechavarria before a single by Dickerson.
The left-hander then walked Lucas Duda and was lifted for Chris Devenski.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida