CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Clearwater police and Fire Rescue responded to a vehicle versus pedestrian accident Friday night.
The accident happened at the intersection of Missouri Avenue and Turner Street at 8:43 p.m.
Officials say Dorian Ransom, 61, was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg with possible life-threatening injuries. As of Saturday afternoon, he remains in critical condition, according to officials.
Police said Ransom was crossing Missouri Avenue when he was struck. The driver remained on scene.
Ransom was not crossing in a designated crosswalk at the time of the accident.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Armed, dangerous suspect on the run after killing Longboat Key hotel security guard, clerk
- Hillsborough deputies looking for missing 1-year-old
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.