PLANT CITY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE | Rainah Todd, the 1-year-old child reported missing on Friday was safely located with her mother, Leah Todd, at a family member’s home, deputies say. According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, the child will be recovered by Child Protective Services and her mother has been referred for counseling. No further details regarding the case have been released at this time.
ORIGINAL STORY | A 1-year-old girl was reported missing in Hillsborough County on Friday.
Deputies said Rainah Todd is believed to be with her mother, Leah Todd, 23, in the Plant City area.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office Child Protective investigator attempted to make contact with Leah Todd on July 31 due to an active investigation.
Investigators are concerned about the child’s welfare as Leah Todd has been known to use drugs in the past.
They don’t have a permanent address. Deputies said the two are known to stay with various friends on and off.
The 1-year-old has blond hair and blue eyes.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida