(KOB) Durango, Colorado is known for being a dog-friendly city, but what one resident is accused of doing is leaving others upset.
A citation filed at La Plata County Combined Court by the La Plata County Animal Control Department has only one sentence to describe the sentence: “German Shep. type dog found in vehicle with w/its mouth duct-taped shut.”
According to a complaint and summons obtained, Thomas Ethridge is accused of leaving his dog with his mouth taped in his car in the Durango Rec Center parking lot on July 18th.
Reached by phone, Ethridge said the dog is okay and still in his custody.
That could change on August 23rd, when he’ll face a judge.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Armed, dangerous suspect on the run after killing Longboat Key hotel security guard, clerk
- Hillsborough deputies looking for missing 1-year-old
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.