WICHITA, Kan. (WFLA/KSNW) – A Kansas zoo held its first birthday party for a baby gorilla on Thursday.
Baby Alika and her visitors enjoyed a pink princess-themed party.
Keepers hung streamers and turned painted boxes into castles.
Alika also had cupcakes made out of primate biscuit mix, mashed potatoes, pudding and food coloring.
The zoo hopes the party and Alika’s milestone help educate guests about the importance of gorillas in the wild.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Family-run marijuana grow operation busted in Hillsborough County
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- Siesta Key star Alex Kompothecras says he’s disgusted by shark dragging video
- Better Call Behnken: Dealership refunds van after our investigation into odometer rollback fraud
- ‘Beauty bandits’ arrested for slew of thefts in Florida
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.