LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A woman was hospitalized and four dogs died after a fire broke out in a Lakeland home Thursday, officials said.
The Polk County Fire Rescue responded to reports of a fire at 2:10 pm at an office that was being used as an apartment located at 455 Commerce Drive. Firefighters observed smoke and an active fire inside the building.
Crews recovered the remains of four dogs from the structure.
A woman was transported to Lakeland Regional Health Medical for evaluation. Her current condition is unknown.
The fire was extinguished by 3 pm, according to officials.
The state’s Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations has yet to determine the cause of the fire.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by one of the men in shark dragging video
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
- ‘Sugardaddy’ seeking ‘sugarbaby’ banned from Florida beach
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- You can now work for Disney from home