WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will reach for an emotional and political boost at a campaign rally late Thursday in West Virginia.
Trump has been holding campaign-style events on friendly turf to get out of Washington and recharge in front of boisterous supporters.
West Virginia voted overwhelmingly for Trump last year, and Thursday’s event in Huntington follows recent policy announcements liked by Trump’s conservative base. Trump recently announced a ban on transgender people serving in the U.S. military. He also endorsed legislation that aims to slash legal immigration to the U.S.
The event also follows recent shake-ups on the White House staff, including the ouster of Trump’s chief of staff and of his newly hired communications director.
Trump held a campaign rally last week in Ohio.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by one of the men in shark dragging video
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
- ‘Sugardaddy’ seeking ‘sugarbaby’ banned from Florida beach
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- You can now work for Disney from home