DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A 73-year-old man is banned from a Florida beach after a parent complained that he was handing out business cards that read, “Sugardaddy seeking his sugarbaby.”
Volusia County Beach Safety Capt. Tammy Marris says officials are making Richard Basaraba stay off the beach and off walkovers six months for violating an ordinance that prohibits soliciting on the beach.
Basaraba tells The Daytona Beach News-Journal he’s “devastated” by what he considers an overreaction.
A 16-year-old girl told officials Basaraba handed her 18-year-old friend a card Saturday that featured a picture of a young woman sitting on an older man’s lap. It also included an email address.
Basaraba says he threw out the business cards and deleted the email account and a Facebook account where he posted pictures of women in bikinis.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida women trash Chick-fil-A during argument over order
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by one of the men in shark dragging video
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
- Victims disfigured by fake liposuction doctors could likely seek legal recourse
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- You can now work for Disney from home