KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) – An Ohio man ended up in a “spit hood mask” after spitting on two Florida police officers who were taking him to jail.
A police report says 30-year-old Joshua McLaughlin of Columbus, Ohio, continued to scream and bang his head on the police cruiser’s window following his July 28 arrest at a Key West resort.
News outlets report police went to the resort after calls about a fighting couple.
The police report says McLaughlin was cursing his partner as police officers talked to him. McLaughlin refused officer’s commands to stop so he was placed in handcuffs.
The report says McLaughlin then spit in the officers’ faces. A check of his record found an active warrant in Ohio on drug and stolen property charges.
Records don’t list an attorney.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Report: ‘Siesta Key’ cast members receive death threats linked to shark dragging video
- Uber, Lyft drivers in Tampa to charge more for airport pickups
- Sarasota elementary volunteer accused of cashing $7,000 in PTO checks
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by man seen in shark dragging video
- Englewood man charged with murder in Carfentanil overdose death
- ‘Sugardaddy’ seeking ‘sugarbaby’ banned from Florida beach
- Florida women trash Chick-fil-A during argument over order
- Gator tries to get inside Lakewood Ranch home
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- Florida’s 2017 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday: What to Know