PHOENIX, Ariz. (WFLA/NBC) – Authorities have arrested a man accused of throwing Molotov cocktails at a Phoenix jail.
Authorities said the first incident happened early Tuesday on the west side of the jail.
Someone in a white vehicle throws a fiery object that bursts into flames when it hits a handicap ramp leading in to the jail.
The second incident took place later Tuesday.
The same vehicle throws a Molotov cocktail onto the sidewalk.
The Maricopa County Sheriff said Michael Arreola, 27, was arrested.
The sheriff said he considers Arreola’s actions attacks on sheriff’s office personnel, as well as others in the jail and people in the area.
No one was injured in the incident.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.