HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County officials and Fire Rescue first responders celebrated the launch of the Yellow Dot Program on Thursday.
The Yellow Dot Program is a critical tool that gives drivers a voice when they are seriously injured following a traffic crash and alerts first responders to valuable health care information located in your glove compartment.
The information can potentially save lives by helping first reponsders:
- Identity who you are
- Determine if you have a pre-existing medical condition that may inhibit you from communicating
- Ensure that your current medications and pre-existing medical conditions are considered during decisions made about your treatment
Residents can pick up a Yellow Dot sticker and medical information from any Hillsborough County fire station or library.
For more information, visit HCFLGov.net/YellowDot or contact Hillsborough County Fire Rescue at 813-272-6600.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida women trash Chick-fil-A during argument over order
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by one of the men in shark dragging video
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
- ‘Sugardaddy’ seeking ‘sugarbaby’ banned from Florida beach
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- You can now work for Disney from home