CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A bicyclist was fatally struck in a collision overnight Thursday in Citrus County, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say around 2:48 am, Josephine Van Loan, 18, of Homosassa was driving a Cadillac Deville north on US-19. When she got to the intersection of Long Lake Avenue, she crossed into the path of an oncoming bike being ridden by 23-year-old George A. Sanchez, causing a crash.
Sanchez sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Van Loan was not injured, according to an incident report. The accident was not alcohol-related.
No further details were released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Florida women trash Chick-fil-A during argument over order
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by one of the men in shark dragging video
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
- ‘Sugardaddy’ seeking ‘sugarbaby’ banned from Florida beach
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- You can now work for Disney from home