ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — Two years after suffering a massive stroke, a St. Petersburg woman is getting her health back with some help from trainers at St. Pete Boot Camp.
Karla Wilson had a stroke on June 4, 2015, and was in the hospital for a month. She couldn’t walk or talk and was eventually sent home in a wheelchair.
Since that day, she’s been pushing herself and trying to get her health back. When doctors couldn’t help her anymore, she turned to trainers at St. Pete Boot Camp.
One step at a time, and with some help from trainer John Thomas with PEACE Fitness, she’s taking back her life.
“She’s an inspiration to people,” Thomas said. “This woman had a massive stroke and she’s in here on a regular basis getting it in. Can’t is not in her vocabulary at all.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers