TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police are on the lookout for a murder suspect out of South Carolina. He’s believed to be hiding out in the Tampa Bay area.
Marion Campbell is accused of killing a cab driver in Conway, South Carolina back in June.
Campbell also goes by “Boogolio” and “Heartless.” Many in the Tampa Bay area are on edge.
“That is pretty terrifying. Especially since there are so many Uber drivers around here. Especially being a woman. You always have to be cautious. This person is heartless. You hear about it, but when it’s in your hometown, it is very terrifying,” said Tampa resident Barbara Pflug.
“I think it’s kind of dangerous. It’s scary. This is a family area,” said resident Matthew Peach.
“I’m very scared. I mean no one wants to die, for sure. It’s great to know you guys have knowledge about his whereabouts so we can be on the lookout,” said Darquita Monroe.
Authorities are working around the clock to bring Campbell to justice.
“Pretty much the message is ‘you can run, but you can’t hide. Your face is out there, your name is out there, they know your nicknames. Really anywhere in the country that you run, there’s a good chance that law enforcement is looking for you,'” said Steve Hegarty, Tampa police spokesman.
Police believe Campbell is armed and dangerous. If you’ve seen him or know his whereabouts, call the Tampa Police Department.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.