LAKE COUNTY, Fla. (WESH)—An Orange County teacher is among 14 people arrested during an undercover child sex sting in Lake County, authorities said.
The 14 men were arrested in operation Treasure Florida’s Kids II, an undercover investigation in which detectives posed online as 13, 14, or 15-year-old children.
All but one of the men arrested traveled to the Golden Triangle area with the intent to have sex with whom they thought to be the child, deputies said. They were all taken into custody without incident upon their arrival, deputies said.
One man was arrested at his home after soliciting a detective, investigators said.
Jason Sellards, who is a language arts teacher at Wolf Lake Middle School in Apopka, is among the 14 arrested.
Sellards has worked for the Orange County School District since 2011.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers