ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The northbound lanes of 4th Street North between 54th and 62nd avenues are still closed as of 6:10 a.m. Thursday.
On Wednesday, a lightning strike hit a power pole which in turn ruptured a 12-inch water main.
The break happened in the 6100 block of 4th Street North around 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The incident caused an outage for water customers in the area of 4th Street North.
Crews are working to replace the water main.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- New photo emerges of possible abuse by one of the men in shark dragging video
- VIDEO: Manatee encounter on Siesta Key tests legal limits
- Victims disfigured by fake liposuction doctors could likely seek legal recourse
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Help solve a mermaid mystery in the Gulf
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
- You can now work for Disney from home
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.