NEW ORLEANS (WKRG) — A pretty unique sight in the Gulf of Mexico has the U.S. Coast Guard stumped.
A Coast Guard crew spotted a floating dock drifting about 180 miles south of Grand Isle, Louisiana. Right now it’s anyone’s guess where it broke free.
Take a look at the picture posted above, and you’ll see it’s probably a one-of-a-kind dock. The side has a painting of an underwater scene that features a mermaid, an octopus and a sea turtle.
If by any chance you know who might own this dock, the Coast Guard would like you to give them a call at (504) 589-6225.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.