HARTWELL, Ga. (AP) — A toddler mauled by two pit bulls in Georgia has died.
News outlets report that Hart County Deputy Coroner Scott Boleman says the 20-month-old boy was attacked in the backyard of a Hartwell home Tuesday. Boleman says the child’s parents took him to Reddy Urgent Care, where he was pronounced dead.
Hart County Sheriff Mike Cleveland says the child lived at the home with the dogs. He says the dogs will be observed for the next 24 to 48 hours before being euthanized.
The child’s identity has not been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Pasco Sheriff: Man convicted in 2 killings stabbed woman to death in Holiday
- Sarasota CPA receiving profanity-laced voicemails, death threats over shark dragging video
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- Polk Co. firefighters put out vehicle fire after three car crash
- Tampa police investigating after body found in Hillsborough River
- Final prisoner caught in Florida after peanut butter escape
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital doctor says cases of herpes in babies after kisses isn’t rare
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers