VIENNA, Austria (WFLA/NBC) – A new bathing pool at the Vienna Zoo has been completed just in time for their elephant to enjoy this summer.
Temperatures are expected to hit over 98 degrees across Austria this week.
The vice director of the zoo said the total volume of water in the pool is equivalent to 1,500 human bathtubs.
The bathing pool also features a built-in circuit so the elephants can take a walk without having to leave the coolness of the pool.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers