MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WFLA) A Tennessee bride gave a new meaning to the term “shotgun wedding,” when she allegedly pointed a gun at her groom’s head just hours after saying “I do.”
According to Murfreesboro police, 25-year-old Kate Elizabeth Pritchard and her new husband were drinking outside a local Clarion Inn and started fighting.
At one point, Murfreesboro Police Sgt. Kyle Evans told WTVF, “she pulled out of her wedding dress a 9 mm pistol. Pointed it at her new husband’s head and pulled the trigger.”
When Pritchard realized the gun was not loaded, police say she loaded the chamber and fired a shot into the air.
When questioned by the cops, the couple said nothing happened, but witnesses described another story, and police found shell casings on the ground and a gun in the bathroom.
“Responding officers let the husband know the honeymoon was over and his new wife was going to jail,” Evans continued.
Pritchard was booked into the Rutherford County Jail and released on a $15,000 bond.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- The next Tampa Bay foodie trend: Edible cookie dough
- Target 8: Dog drama halts garbage collection in Lutz
- Texas calf born looking like KISS rocker Gene Simmons
- Sexually transmitted Zika case confirmed in Pinellas County
- PHOTOS: Teen finds dead fish in seat of car
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- More than 63,000 signatures on petition calling for arrest of shark draggers