TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police have arrested two people suspected of shooting a man in front of a store on Monday night.
Detectives say Tykeem Morgan was shot in front of the 29th Street Store located at 3602 29th St. N. around 7:30 p.m. on Monday.
Paramedics transported Morgan to St. Joseph’s Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
One hour later, Tampa Police Department officers saw Micah Tillman, age 21 and a 16-year-old suspect who matched a description of two of the shooters.
Tillman was charged with Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Discharging a Firearm in Public, and Shooting a Deadly Missile into a Vehicle. The teenager was charged with CCF, Juvenile Delinquent in Possession of a Firearm, Discharging a Firearm in Public and Shooting a Deadly Missile into a Vehicle.
Detectives say the shooting did not appear to be random.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Polk County EMT arrested for grand theft and forgery
- ‘Habitual traffic offender’ accused of stealing $300,000 Ferrari from Vinoy Hotel valet
- 2 arrested for performing liposuction surgeries without a license in Tampa
- Hillsborough teen missing after using Uber to leave home
- Hillsborough parents asked to give input about proposed school bell schedule
- Reality show ‘Siesta Key’ premiere parties cancelled amid shark dragging controversy
- Neighbors contact Target 8 about nightmare next door in Tampa
- Woman claims mother contracted flesh-eating bacteria at Myrtle Beach
- Mother puts out stern warning after 1-year-old son infected with herpes
- Lakeland mobile home park flooded following Tropical Storm Emily