HONITON, England (WFLA/NBC) – A 101-year-old D-Day veteran received a military Guard of Honor on Monday celebrating a world record.
Verdun Hayes broke a skydiving record.
Hayes made the dive to help raise money for a charity that pays for veterans’ vacations.
The video, taken in April, shows Hayes jumping from the plane along with four generations of his family.
Hayes first began skydiving last year to celebrate turning 100.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tropical Storm Emily makes landfall on Anna Maria Island
- Tractor trailer hanging over guardrail shuts down I-4 at I-275 in Tampa
- Judge calls for charge upgrade against man arrested for stalking at Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Tampa boy, 4, dies after gun he found discharged
- Police: Florida woman brought 10-year-old along on armed robbery
- Winter Haven police officer arrested for having sex with minor
- VIDEO: Valet punched outside Fort Lauderdale resort