TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Tropical Storm Emily is bringing heavy rain to the Tampa Bay area. We will list closures caused by the storm here. Check back often.
PINELLAS/HILLSBOROUGH/MANATEE COUNTY: The Sunshine Skyway Bridge reopened at 2:20 p.m. Monday. It was closed for several hours due to winds that were over 60 mph.
Lowry Park Zoo: Due to inclement weather, Lowry Park Zoo will close Monday at 3:30 p.m. We will reopen Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. Stay safe, Zoo fans!
- Manatee County Schools: Due to weather conditions, all extra-curricular activities after 1 p.m. are cancelled for Monday. High school athletic programs will notify student athletes directly. No decision about Tuesday’s activities has been determined at this time. We continue to monitor the weather situation. Get more details at the Manatee County School District Facebook Page.
- Emerson Point Preserve: closed today due branches and debris on roads in the preserve. Parks crews expect to reopen tomorrow.
- LEGOLAND: Due to inclement weather, LEGOLAND Water Park will be closed Monday, 7/31. Visit our ticket windows or email LLF.Experience@LEGOLAND.com.
- Several roadways are also affected. The following roads are closed:
-Duff Road, between Green Road and Highway 98 N
-Glean Oak Drive and Shady Oak Drive E
-Wabash at 10th Street
-Reynolds Road and Kirk Street
- All Sarasota County athletic fields are closed today due to inclement weather.
- Venice South Jetty: The City of Venice has closed the walkway out to the South Jetty at 2000 Tarpon Center Dr. due to water washing across the Jetty point and creating unsafe conditions for the public. The parking lot at Humphris Park is still open at this time. The Jetty point will reopen when conditions improve, as determined by city officials.
- Venice Fountains: Due to adverse weather conditions, all fountains in the City of Venice, including the Children’s Interactive Fountain in Centennial Park, have been turned off until further notice.
- Ted Sperling Park at South Lido Beach is currently CLOSED due to flooding in the parking lot and downed tree branches.
- Gulfport: The Multipurpose Senior Center classes scheduled for Monday, July 31 have been cancelled including the Gulfport Extended Minibus Service program.