PALM HARBOR, Fla. (WFLA) – An 18-year-old Palm Harbor man was struck and killed early Monday morning after he and another person were hit by a car in Pinellas County.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 2016 Honda Civic was going northbound just before 4 a.m. when it collided with two people crossing US Highway 19 at Alderman Road, at the south end of the intersection.
The Highway Patrol said the pedestrians were going against a walk signal and into the path of the Honda.
The 47-year-old driver from Palm Harbor remained at the scene of the crash. Charges are pending.
The 18-year-old died at the scene of the crash. A woman with him was taken to Bayonet Point Hospital in critical condition.
The US 19 was closed for some time but has since reopened.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tampa Bay area under Tropical Storm Watch as Tropical Depression 6 forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Sandbags available to help Tampa homeowners prepare for heavy rain
- Tampa boy, 4, dies after gun he found discharged
- Charge upgraded against man arrested for stalking at Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Cops: Florida man set pregnant girlfriend on fire while kids watched
- Police: Florida woman brought 10-year-old along on armed robbery
- Winter Haven police officer arrested for having sex with minor
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors