TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA/WTNH) – Ripe and ready for the picking and delicious for any meal. We are celebrating National Avocado Day!
Whether it’s for an appetizer (guacamole!), main dish or dessert, Monday is the day to enjoy the avocado.
Some fun facts about the food, consumption of avocado has nearly doubled since 2005. In fact, a whopping 4.25 billion avocados were sold in the U.S. in 2015.
An avocado is a fruit, and more specifically a single-seeded berry.
Additionally, avocados are not only delicious, but also packed with nutrients, including potassium, heart healthy fats, and fibers.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- PHOTOS: Tampa Bay Comic Con is here for the weekend
- Fastest cyclists across Europe break world record for kids with autism
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended
- Baby pandas play in southwest China’s cutest kindergarten class
- WFLA News Channel 8’s team tries Lays ‘Do Us a Flavor’ finalist chips
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.