UPDATE (Aug. 3) — Gary Lee Ebersole, a convicted sex offender who cut his ankle monitor and vanished Monday, July 31 in Sebring was tracked down and arrested by a pair of Highlands County Sheriff’s Office K-9 deputies Thursday morning, Aug. 3, east of Lorida.
HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Highlands County Sheriff’s Office deputies are attempting to locate a convicted sex offender.
The sheriff’s office said Gary Ebersole, 46, cut off his ankle monitor Monday morning. He was going to be arrested for violation of probation.
Ebersole was last seen at the Citgo at Golfview and U.S. 27 in Sebring at 9:30 a.m.
If you see him or have any information about his whereabouts, please call 863-402-7200 or email email@example.com.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Tropical Storm Emily makes landfall on Anna Maria Island
- Tractor trailer hanging over guardrail shuts down I-4 at I-275 in Tampa
- Judge calls for charge upgrade against man arrested for stalking at Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Tampa boy, 4, dies after gun he found discharged
- Police: Florida woman brought 10-year-old along on armed robbery
- Winter Haven police officer arrested for having sex with minor
- VIDEO: Valet punched outside Fort Lauderdale resort
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.