SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A woman was shot in Sarasota on Sunday, according to the Sarasota Police Department.
Police believe the shooting occurred at a residence in the 200 block of Arlington Street.
News Channel 8 has learned an unidentified female was brought to Sarasota Memorial Hospital suffering from a gunshot wound.
Her current condition is unknown.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing situation.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Judge calls for charge upgrade against man arrested for stalking at Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Sandbags available to help Tampa homeowners prepare for heavy rain
- Police: Florida woman brought 10-year-old along on armed robbery
- Winter Haven police officer arrested for having sex with minor
- VIDEO: Mexican teen drinks fatal liquid meth at U.S. border
- VIDEO: Valet punched outside Fort Lauderdale resort
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors