COLUMBUS, OH (WFLA) – Triton the otter pup made his public debut at the Columbus Zoo this week.
Zoo officials say the 2-month-old Asian small-clawed otter is learning how to dive and swim with his mother, Asta. His dad, Oscar, however, is very protective and hesitant to let his son do things on his own.
The baby otter was born on May 17.
The family can be seen on video exploring his new habitat. After a day of swimming and playing around, they retreat back to their den.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Judge calls for charge upgrade against man arrested for stalking at Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Sandbags available to help Tampa homeowners prepare for heavy rain
- Police: Florida woman brought 10-year-old along on armed robbery
- Winter Haven police officer arrested for having sex with minor
- VIDEO: Mexican teen drinks fatal liquid meth at U.S. border
- VIDEO: Valet punched outside Fort Lauderdale resort
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors