OCALA, Fla. (AP) – A mother is under arrest after police say she brought her 10-year-old child along in the getaway vehicle she drove during an armed robbery.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that 30-year-old Christina Gaud was driving the getaway car Friday night after her accomplice, 33-year-old Rodney Snow, robbed a shop in north Florida.
Sheriff’s deputies saw a masked man leave the shop on State Road 200 and run into a waiting car, which fled.
The car crashed a short time later. Police say Snow ran from the vehicle and shot himself in a wooded area — he is in critical condition.
Deputies found the child inside the crashed car.
Gaud is facing charges of felony child neglect along with principal to an armed robbery.
The child is with state child protective services.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Judge calls for charge upgrade against man arrested for stalking at Tampa Bay Comic Con
- Winter Haven police officer arrested for having sex with minor
- Cops: Florida man set pregnant girlfriend on fire while kids watched
- VIDEO: Mexican teen drinks fatal liquid meth at U.S. border
- SEE PHOTO: Boat captain rescues ‘Miracle’ cat thrown off Florida bridge
- VIDEO: Valet punched outside Fort Lauderdale resort
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors