HOUSTON, TX (AP) — A video shared by Simone Biles shows the Olympic gymnast was in no condition to compete while coming out of an anesthetic haze after surgery to have her wisdom teeth removed.
Biles posted the video on Twitter on Thursday. She appears in a recovery room bed with gauze in her mouth yelling something incomprehensible and pretending to drive a car. Biles wrote that she hopes the 27-second clip makes people laugh.
The 20-year-old Biles later added that the full video is 14 minutes long and “other parts are hilarious too!”
Biles won four gold medals and a bronze at the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | July 28-30
- Fastest cyclists across Europe break world record for kids with autism
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended
- Baby pandas play in southwest China’s cutest kindergarten class
- WFLA News Channel 8’s team tries Lays ‘Do Us a Flavor’ finalist chips
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.