TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa Police Department investigators are trying to solve eight burglaries along East Hillsborough Avenue.
Dramatic video shows a group of men relentlessly attempting to pry open a safe inside an ABC Fine Wine & Spirits.
At one point, they take turns with a sledge hammer, but they don’t appear to succeed.
A Tampa police spokeswoman tells 8 On Your Side that mainly auto part stores have been targeted in the same location during the past few weeks.
“The burglars smashed their way into the businesses and stole cash, battery charges and jump boxes. However, there were a few burglaries where they weren’t able to get away with anything,” spokeswoman Janelle McGregor said in an email.
At Mr. Money Pawn & Gun, the thieves tried to get in, but with no luck.
“They beat our door to death,” owner Carl Hancock said. “Probably a hair away from getting inside.”
A steel bar across the door stopped the bandits.
Police don’t know if they break ins are all connected, but say it looks like a pattern.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Defective Takata airbag blamed in death of Holiday woman
- Couple left with hefty medical bills after Publix sushi sends them to hospital
- Largo police investigating death of child
- Warning: 2nd shocking shark abuse video being investigated by FWC
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat