BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) – The South Florida Museum announced it is launching a living memorial to capture memories of Snooty the manatee on Friday.
Photos and memories shared to the page will be assembled at a later date to document the love that people around the world felt for the special manatee.
Photos and memories of Snooty can also be shared at the museum’s Facebook page.
Snooty died on Sunday after he went through a plumbing access door that was in his tank and was not able to get back out.
Museum staff continue to plan for an appropriate public celebration of Snooty’s remarkable life.
Plans for the celebration will be announced at a later date.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Largo baby dies in 109-degree mobile home, father arrested
- Woman divorces Florida state prosecutor because he won’t support Trump
- Florida twins’ mom dies days after their birth and their dad slain
- Couple left with hefty medical bills after Publix sushi sends them to hospital
- 911 audio: Woman tells dispatch boa constrictor is stuck to face, eating her nose
- ‘Cash me ousside’ girl pleads guilty to multiple charges
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.