HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – With its shelter over capacity, the Hillsborough County Pet Resource Center is waiving adoption fees for all cats and dogs this weekend in a push to get more animals out of the shelter and into their forever homes.
The PRC says more than 500 dogs and cats are available for adoption.
Those interested in bringing home a new furry friend should check out their website HCFLGov.net/Adopt to view hundreds of adoptable pets, and then visit the center at 440 N. Falkenburg Road to adopt. The deal ends on Sunday.
The center is also encouraging anyone interested in fostering a pet to step up to the plate. After July 30, the center says all ready-to-go pets are $20, which includes spaying/neutering, vaccinations, microchipping, and registration.
The shelter is open Tuesday through Sunday. Doors open at 10 am and close at 7 pm.
The PRC is the only open admission facility in the county, meaning they accept domestic animals regardless of breed, size or medical condition.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Largo baby dies in 109-degree mobile home, father arrested
- Woman divorces Florida state prosecutor because he won’t support Trump
- Florida twins’ mom dies days after their birth and their dad slain
- Couple left with hefty medical bills after Publix sushi sends them to hospital
- 911 audio: Woman tells dispatch boa constrictor is stuck to face, eating her nose
- ‘Cash me ousside’ girl pleads guilty to multiple charges
- Better Call Behnken: Popular Ybor City wedding venue abruptly shuts doors