TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A man suspected of fatally shooting a woman at a Tampa motel is behind bars, Tampa police said Thursday.
Christopher Carithers, 37, is facing charges for the July 24th shooting death of Yasmine Tyson, 37.
Police responded to a 911 call at the Travelers Inn on 2523 E. Busch Blvd. Monday and found Tyson with an apparent gunshot wound.
It’s still unclear what circumstances led to Tyson’s death, but leads in the case pointed police in the direction of Carithers.
On Thursday, the Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force spotted Carithers on surveillance as he was leaving a vehicle in front of a residence on East 24th Avenue. He was detained at the spot and charged with manslaughter and being a felon in possession.
He was booked into the Hillsborough County Jail on a $37,500 bond.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Warning: 2nd shocking shark abuse video being investigated by FWC
- Couple left with hefty medical bills after Publix sushi sends them to hospital
- State senator working on “good Samaritan” law following Cocoa drowning video
- FBI: Man says he killed wife on cruise over her laughing
- In US first, scientists edit genes of human embryos
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended