CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – A 79-year-old woman was seriously injured in a Clearwater house fire Thursday morning, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
The fire broke out at a residence on Pine Ridge Drive.
Responding units came to the home and extinguished a “smoldering fire” inside the kitchen and found Dimitra Dimopoulos unresponsive, suffering from apparent smoke inhalation. Her injuries were classified as life-threatening.
Dimopoulos was taken to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.
Detectives say the fire does not appear suspicious, but its cause remains under investigation.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Roads reopen after Hillsborough SWAT suspect captured
- Brooksville woman was inside car when it fell into hole
- Ohio State Fair to reopen without rides after 1 killed, 7 injured when ride broke apart
- Young teens arrested for brutal attack on 19-year-old bringing family groceries
- FWC identifies men dragging shark behind boat in disturbing video
- Port Charlotte gator attack victim loses finger, toe, testicle
- Pinellas booze bandits busted after 8 On Your Side story leads to tips
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat