FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – Authorities in Broward County say they arrested a man who robbed a bank, stripped naked and ran down the street throwing stolen money.
According to the FBI, 25-year-old Alexander Sperber said he woke up Tuesday morning and decided to rob a bank to start his career as a comedian.
According to a federal criminal complaint, authorities say he parked his car at the bank, made a gun motion with his hand and demanded money from the teller.
She allegedly gave him about $4,700 in a bag.
Officials say a red dye pack exploded, leaving dye on his clothes and on a cast on his left wrist.
He then took off his clothes and started running down the street throwing $50 and $100 bills.
The Sun Sentinel reports Sperber was taken to the hospital and found to be coherent and uninjured.
He was charged with bank robbery. It’s unclear if he has an attorney.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Roads reopen after Hillsborough SWAT suspect captured
- Brooksville woman was inside car when it fell into hole
- Ohio State Fair to reopen without rides after 1 killed, 7 injured when ride broke apart
- Young teens arrested for brutal attack on 19-year-old bringing family groceries
- FWC identifies men dragging shark behind boat in disturbing video
- Port Charlotte gator attack victim loses finger, toe, testicle
- Pinellas booze bandits busted after 8 On Your Side story leads to tips
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat