FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – A man accused of killing a prostitute, putting her body in a plastic storage container and burying it in his backyard has been transferred to Florida after hiding out in Virginia, authorities say.
Broward Sheriff’s officials say 25-year-old Tyquan Pearson met 19-year-old Brittney Taylor at a South Florida motel in May after soliciting her online.
Authorities say hotel surveillance video showed Taylor enter the room.
Four hours later, the video shows Pearson leaving, pushing a stroller with a blue storage container.
The Sun Sentinel reports the investigation led detectives to a home where they found Taylor’s remains inside the container and buried in the backyard.
Pearson was arrested on a warrant in Norfolk, Virginia and was transferred on Tuesday to South Florida, where he is being held without bond on a murder charge. It’s unclear whether he’d retained an attorney who could comment on the latest charge.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Brooksville woman was inside car when it fell into hole
- Ohio State Fair to reopen without rides after 1 killed, 7 injured when ride broke apart
- Young teens arrested for brutal attack on 19-year-old bringing family groceries
- FWC identifies men dragging shark behind boat in disturbing video
- Port Charlotte gator attack victim loses finger, toe, testicle
- Pinellas booze bandits busted after 8 On Your Side story leads to tips
- Disney Vacation Account program suddenly suspended
- FWC investigating disturbing video of shark being dragged behind boat